I upgraded to Dapper over the weekend. I’m upgrading to an unreleased version of an operating system, so some of these issues may be fixed by the time the final version comes out in June:
- The versions of ibm_acpi and ipw2200 I use are now installed by default. Excellent
- Tomboy (my own compilation) as crashing, had to recompile and reinstall.
- Font hinting got fucked up again. Every single time I upgrade linux I get this problem where the autohinter is not turned on, making my fonts look like ass. I had to install freetype and fontconfig by hand to fix this.
- screensaver settings reset, had to fix
- networkmanager didn’t show up correctly, had to tweak /etc/network/interfaces to fix.
- Included fglrx didn’t work well, needed to install ATI’s own version.
All in all a decent upgrade. I spent most of my time playing around with getting Xgl and compiz to work, which I eventually did.
Dude, Xgl is totally working. I’m cubin’ it up like a mofo.