Some people seem to think I want to buy every new gizmo that comes out. That’s only somewhat true. I do love following development of pdas, phones, laptops, and such, but I only seriously consider purchasing something when it has satisfied certain conditions. For instance, I’m not going to actually get a new phone until it has:
- high-rez, 16k color display
- builtin camera, decent quality (flash, maybe zoom)
- photos are sendable from my phone to this weblog
- plays a good hour+ of mp3s/oggs through external jack
- hopefully portable games will be easy
- real internet access, not stupid WAP and not just web
- basic PDA functionality
- NOT MICROSOFT
- GSM 1900, unlocked
- under 250$
I expect this will take a year or more, seeing as the 400$ phones aren’t even up to this standard yet.
As for a laptop, I’d want at least six hours on a battery, and a graphics chip capable of Doom III, and under 1500$. Again, not going to be for a while.